A title deed in Turkey is called as Tapu is an official and legal document to prove ownership rights of a property. There are different types of the property title deed in Turkey according to the type of the property. After the ease of receiving the title deed of foreigners, the digital title deed era is now beginning.
Turkey is ready to start using QR coded title deeds which will facilitate procedure to make life easy for people and professionals who have to go through concerned formalities. Mr. Murat Kurum, the Minister for Environment and Urban Planning, has made an announcement introducing the new title deed and shared details as to how the new system would function.
Differences between the old and new deeds are as follows;
• The new title deed consists of 3 sections as real estate information, owner information and registration information.
• The gross and net area of the architectural projects will be shown on the new title deed.
• The identification number will be given to each title deed. Thanks to this identification number, we will be able to reach all information from the first information to the current information of the title deed.
• The share of the owner of the bond in the property and the area of their shares will be included on the new title deed.
• There will be a QR code system instead of layouts, streets and borders. We will direct access of the parcel by reading this QR code and get accurate direction via the global geo-identification about real estate’s location.
• The information column of the previous owner and current owner will be removed from the new title deed.
Advantages of new title deeds;
The new title deed decorated with Selçuklu motifs does not contain unnecessary information.
• There will be an identification number for each title deed instead of Province, District, Neighborhood, Block, Parcel, Independent Section Number. It will provide be direct access to all information of real estate with this ID number.
• Thanks to the QR code, we will be able to access all information of Title deed with the QR code from the mobile phone or tablet.
What is a QR Code?
QR (Quick Response) code is a special matrix barcode that can be read from the cameras of the mobile phone or tablet. QR codes may be used to show text to the user, to open a URL, save a contact to the address book or to create text messages.